CMS Workshops and Basics Training
As a CMS client, you have access to ongoing training sessions throughout the year at no further cost to your department. We regularly offer basic content provider training, site manager training and special focused training. If you have specific needs which are not addressed by any of our scheduled sessions, please email your request to email@example.com.
- Focused workshop topics cover specific areas in-depth and expand on our basic training.
- NEW one and two hour sessions have been set up for your convenience.
- Review the course outlines, Basics - Page Types - Workshops - v9 Introduction
See the workshops calendar for the schedule of what is available this year.
This 3 hour session is intended to get you up and running with your CMS website. If you have not used the CMS for some time, this is a good refresher. After an in depth tour of the system, you will create your own web page using the editor tools.
Topics covered include the following:
- How the CMS works (templates, css and urls)
- Logging into and out of your website
- Managing your personal information such as changing your password (My Page)
- Uploading files and images for use on your web pages (Digital Asset Manager)
- Creating new pages for General Content and the different ways of pasting your copy and cleaning the code (sweeper W3C)
- Updating the existing content in your web site using the tools available (HTML editor)
Register for CMS Basics
Every client has different needs and this is accommodated by one on one site manager training sessions. Please arrange for us to meet at your convenience.
Important: You must have attended our basic training session to attend these workshops.See the calendar for available dates.
- HTML editor tools
- Digital Asset Gallery Page- used to display a forms list page
- Page Management - active- inactive- archive- personalize- copy- move
- Groups- editor access and tools
- Digital Asset Manager- file management, storing your files and images in your web site
- Links- page and editor tools to display hyperlinks to files and other web pages
- Calendar page- set up news and events in your department
- Open Forum Session- bring your questions and expertise on the CMS and web
- v9 Page Types- RRS Flash FAQ
- Site Manager overview of tools
The Standard page types session (3 hours) is an opportunity to learn about the most common used page templates. In this hands-on session, we will make each of the available pages covering their uses and limitations. See Focused Workshop topics for other page types available.
- General Content (most commonly used page type, regular text and images)
- Log in
- Site Map
- Survey (form)
Register for CMS Page Types
Accessibility and Usability
- How does your site rate for usability? What is usability and why you should care.?
- Test a page on your site here http://www.read-able.com
- How does your site rate for accessibiity AODA legislation WCAG 2.0 compliance?
- Test your site selection here http://www.w3.org/WAI/RC/tools/complete
Writing for the web is very different to print. Understanding the difference and applyng readability guidelines to your content layout. Meeting accessibiity WCAG 2.0, AODA legislation, the U.S. government's Section 508 requirements
Ways of making your web content a more effective resource.
- An understanding how people read the web. How to format your page content for best delivery.
- An insight to what diabilities visitors have and the assistive devices they use.
- How these devices deliver your message.
- What is the difference between WCAG 1 and 2 -