NEW version 11 Features and Fixes
Core functionality features
- PrintDesignTemplate.htm included in design package The ACM has always included a system level print design template but it was difficult to customize and usually required the manual creation of the printdesigntemplate.htm file in the Design Package. As of 10.1, the printdesigntemplate.htm file is included in the design package by default so it is easily customizable. The system will look first for this file in the design package and if it is not present, will use the system print template.
- HTML Allowed in Survey Questions Due to some potential scripting errors, the ability to add custom HTML to Survey Questions was removed in a previous version. The functionality has been restored so that you can customize the look and feel of individual questions in your survey.
- Assign New Accounts to Group(s) in Application Form Pagetype The ability to assign a new user account to a specific ACM Group has always been supported in the form of a Custom Group question type. The problem is that always requires an additional question. The Application Form page has been enhanced such that you can specify a group or groups to which all applicants should be added automatically without requiring a Custom Group question. The will speed up the account creation process for those who only require the minimum information to create an account.
- Linking Documents to Images Linking an embedded image to an existing document in the digital asset manager used to require some HTML skill. In this version, you can now insert an image on a page, and then easily link to other documents in the digital asset manager through the user interface. This is perfect for representing documents by using an image of its cover embedded in the page, then linking to the document for download.
- Support URL Title for Syndicated Pages Syndicated pages now include a URL Title field so that you can provide more concise paths for calendar events, job postings, articles and KB articles when using friendly URLs.
- Syndicated Calendar Enhancement A number of features have been added to the Syndicated Calendar Pagetype.
- Allow Anonymous Event Submission As a Calendar Administrator, you now have the ability to allow anonymous users (not logged in) to submit events to a calendar. The previous functionality requiring users to login has also been maintained.
- Restrict Category Usage Events submitted or created on a particular calendar can now be restricted to only the categories that are configured for that calendar. This will prevent users from inadvertently selecting categories that are meant for other calendars, thus publishing their event on the wrong calendar.
- Events RSVP Short event RSVP forms can be created to accompany events. An administrator can create some predefined forms to capture a head count, gender, preferences and more for a particular event. Users with permissions to create new calendar events in edit mode can create their own custom forms or choose from the preconfigured options. Users submitting events through view mode can only choose from pre-created forms. Administrators and the owner of the event can download the RSVP results in excel format to plan for event attendance.
Article Index Page Type (9.2)
The Article Index page type is for use with the Article pagetype.
Enhanced Photo Gallery Page Type (9.3)
The Enhanced Photo Gallery page type is not an enhancement of any previous photo gallery page type in ACM but is rather a brand new page type.
Syndicated Pages (10.2)
In the same manner that some page types are supported as pagelets, they can now also be supported as syndicated pages. Syndicated pages do not follow the standard parent/child relationship and can therefore be used in multiple locations in your site, across multiple sites or even across instances.
Pagelet can be used to publish a quick list of articles on your home page or any sub page. Along with a number of different display options, you can choose to have the pagelet present articles from all across your site, have it show only those articles that appear on certain Article Index Page types or even show articles of a particular category. The pagelet offers more news specific options than a standard Quick Links pagelet and is included in the Article license.
Calendar Enhancements (10.2)
· Calendar Administrators now have the ability to set the “Jump to” function such that the list view begins at the date the viewer has entered as the jump to date rather than displaying the entire month and forcing the viewer to scroll down.
· Calendar Administrators now have the ability to set the List View of the Calendar to start at the current date when the calendar is rendered, rather than starting at the beginning of the current month.
Digital Asset Manager Enhancements
A number of changes were made to the Digital Asset Manager to provide a more convenient way of managing digital assets:
· Mass Move/Delete – when a list of results is presented in the digital asset manager, the column that was previously titled “Delete” has been renamed “Select”. Users can now select a group of assets and either delete them or move them all at once.
· Search Unused Assets – users can now use the “Unused Assets Only” checkbox in the digital asset search screen to only bring back assets that are currently not used on any page in the site.
· Add Subfolder during Upload – rather than having to pre-create a digital asset folder, users can now create a new sub folder in the Add Asset and Add Multiple Assets screens of the Digital Asset Manager.
· Image Optimization Image optimization has been added as an option for the system. Image optimization compresses images without reducing the dimensions or visible quality of the image, helping it to load faster on the site. Image optimization can be enabled or disabled for design template upload, digital asset image upload or any functionality that allows the public to upload an image file.
· Move/Copy Multiple Child Pages at Once In full edit mode of a page, you can now move multiple pages at once rather than being forced to move one at a time. On the child pages tab, the column of checkboxes titled “Archive” has been renamed “Select”. You can now perform one of two actions on selected pages; either Archive or Move. Archive functionality remains the same but the Move function allows you to choose a new parent for all the selected pages at once.
· Multi-Select in Asset Domain when defining group permissions and access to a particular folder in the Digital Asset Manager. A group administrator can now select multiple folders to which a group can have access versus choosing only one. This removes the needs to create multiple groups to simply support access to different digital asset folders.
The personalization function has been completely revamped to make it both easier to use and to provide some added functionality. Users can still choose to use the parent page settings or define specific settings for the page, but now they can also define which login page should be used in order to support public users and they can allow a personalized page to still appear in the menu even when a viewer is not logged in or does not have the permission to view a page. Finally, the option to save the settings and apply them to all child pages has been added.
Blog V2 Excerpt Enhancement
The Excerpt field in the Blog V2 submission page now includes a WYSIWYG editor to provide more layout options and customization of the Blog Excerpt that appears on the main page of the Blog.
ECard email added to Email Tab
Users can now modify the layout and content of the ECard email on the Email tab in edit mode of the page.
· Featured Articles – KB Administrators can now identify articles that should be featured at the top of the search results list when particular terms are searched.
· Search Suggest – KB Search Suggest provides two meaningful features when a KB user begins to type in their search term. First, the search suggest will provide a direct link to article’s whose titles exactly match the query being typed into the search box. Second, the search suggest with provide a list of previously searched terms similar to what the user is typing in, along with an expected number of results. The more the user types, the more refined the suggest list becomes. At any time, the user can click one of the suggestions to either directly open an article of run a search.
Media Center Redesign
The Media Center pagetype was redesigned to exclude flash for all but the video player itself. This allows a user to more easily customize the layout and look of their media center page and/or pagelet.
User Profile Search Pagetype
The User Profile Search page is used in combination with the User Portal Pagetype to allow users to look up other users that have created a profile on the site
Club Listing Pagetype
The Club Listing Pagetype allows Public Users to create a club page on your site. The Club Page will appear in the Club Listing and be searchable by other visitors. Club pages support membership and allow members to communicate with each other via email, news articles and messages boards. The Club Listing also ties into the Calendar page so that club members can see upcoming club events. The administrator can determine if clubs must be approved before they are created and listed.
The Syndicated Job Posting page now supports a closing time along with the closing date. Job postings will be removed from the job board when the closing time and date are met.
Pagelet Layout Changes Numerous changes have been made to the Enhanced Photo Gallery Pagelet to support a more flexible layout of images including background settings, border settings, and scrolling options.
New Sort Options for Results – Two new sort options are have been made available for KB Search results. “Relevance + Views” and “Relevance + Answer” order the search results by the relevance of the search term entered and the views and “answered my question” response from previous users.
Alert Framework – The KB Alert Framework is used to interrupt logged in KB users when a new bulletin is published. The user can be forced to open the bulletin before proceeding depending on the priority level of the bulletin. Users not logged in at the time can read previous KB alerts by double clicking anywhere on the KB screen.
Email KB Article – The KB Email Functionality has been enhanced to remove the html mark-up and prevent users from editing the content of the Article before sending. An HTML editor has been provided for message entry.
Statistics Pagelet – The Statistics pagelet was created to display articles based on statistics captured in the KB Statistics Database. The pagelet con be configured to display the most overall viewed articles, most viewed by the current user, must discussed articles and more.
KB Article Voting – KB Voting has been enabled by default for all new KB Articles. Voting allows the user to click yes or no to the question, “Did this answer your question?”
Listing Service Pagetype Enhancements
A number of enhancements have been added to the Listing Service Pagetype:
· Reassign entry owner – editors of the page can now change the owner of a listing entry through edit mode of the page.
· Sort Options – users can sort listing results alphabetically or by creation date. The admin can configure the default.
· Highlight New Entries – administrators can have new entries be highlighted for a pre-defined period of time.
· Email Alternative – the page now provides an email screen so users without MS Outlook can contact one another using an email form.
· Address Field Layout Change – improved address field layout
· List Import Tool – administrators can now import a list of entries from an excel spreadsheet.
· Change Maximum Image Size – administrators can now modify the maximum image size to allow for larger images to be uploaded.
· Other Layout Changes – overall improvement of layout of the page
1. “First” Workflow Approval Option A new option has been added to the Approvers tab when managing a workflow. The “First” option tells the system to follow whatever workflow action was given by the first responder in the approver group. If the first approver to respond approves the content, it will be published or moved on in the workflow. If the first approver to respond rejects the content, it will be sent back to the content provider.
2. ADA Compliant CAPTCHA The ACM’s CAPTCHA component has been enhanced to provide support for the visually impaired. Not only will the CAPTCHA display its set of characters, it will also provide an option for a visually impaired person to listen to the presented characters so they can easily enter them in the provided text field.
3. Objectionable Word Filter The Objectionable Word Filter is designed to filter predetermined objectionable words or phrases from all publicly contributed content. Every time your site visitors submit a comment on a blog or forum pagetype or a comments pagelet, the text of their submission will be compared against a managed objectionable word list. Any matching words can be hidden (****) or replaced with another word of your choosing.
4. DAM Access Based on Domain Settings In previous versions of ACM, any user given permission to the Digital Asset Manager would automatically gain access to all Digital Assets and Folders even if the Asset Domain in their group settings was restricted. In 9.4, a group can now be given permission to the DAM and have that permission respect the Asset Domain settings defined for the group. In other words, users can access the DAM but only the sections of the DAM to which they are permitted.
6. Additional Multi-Language Support Multi-language support has been added to the New Syndicated Calendar page, to the Article Index page and to the advanced search features of the search pagetype.
7. Sectionalized Exports For those customers who generate static HTML files from the ACM, the ability to export
only specified sections of your site has been added to the Export Manager. This functionality is available for both scheduled and unscheduled exports.
8. Site Group Enhancement – Page Count Exception Site groups allow you to control the number of pages that a group within your organization can have on their site. This limitation did not account for pages such as login or calendar events (old calendar). A page count exception has been added to the Site Group Manager where the system admin can select which pagetypes should not be included in the page count.
9. Syndicated Calendar Enhancements The Syndicated Calendar has been enhanced to include four new features:
a. All Day Event – Rather than needing to specify a start and end time, you can now flag an event as an all day event.
b. Enhanced Color Picker – you can now enter any valid hexadecimal color value in the text field beside the color picker.
c. Organized Events – in order to apply different workflows to a Calendar’s events, you can now specify a category in the Syndication Manager to which the events of a particular calendar should be stored. This is for workflow purposes only and does not affect the use of Event categorization.
d. Predefined Locations – a calendar administrator now has the ability to predefine event locations that a user will be able to choose from when creating their events. The predefined list will eliminate errors in naming, typing and/or addresses.
The following features have been included as extended functionality as either enhancements to existing Page Types or as brand new Page Types. Contact your Active Account Manager for more information:
10. Blog v2 Pagetype The new blog page has many features of the web’s leading blog engines. It allows blog entries from many contributors, organizes blog posts by topic or tags and allows a visitor to search by author, topic, tag or keyword. It also supports email and RSS subscription for each option so a user can be notified of any new blog posts by author, topic or tag. Flexible layout and design allows you to customize the look of your blog to match the rest of your site.
Two new features have been added to the KnowledgeBase functionality, both of which work in conjunction with Active’s Citizen Request product.
· Suggest a KB Article – when using ACR, a call center representative can now suggest a case as a knowledgebase article. This suggestion is submitted to the KB administrator for review and acceptance.
· Featured Articles – an ACR admin has the ability to associate a KB Article to a specific case type in order to have the Article appear highlighted in the KB frame of ACR when that case type is selected.
Media Center Enhancement
The Media Center (Video) Pagetype has been enhanced to provide more flexible layout and design options, including the use of CSS to control the Flex interface, more multi-language friendly control buttons and the ability to hide sections of the page. The pagelet also provides different options for the justification of the playlist.
The ACM mobile platform allows you to create unique site design and content for viewers who visit your website on mobile devices. ACM takes advantage of the open WURFL standard to import a mobile device list. This list can then be arranged in ACM to have similar devices or resolutions grouped together so a site design can be created for each group. Along with a default, non-device-specific template, you can choose to generate unique layouts for your iphone users, blackberry users and so on (there are currently 11,000+ devices in the WURFL). When a person visits your website, ACM detects their device, checks to see if a unique template has been created for that device and renders the site in that template without affecting the URL.
Social Media Framework
The Social Media Framework in ACM is designed to allow your content providers to quickly and easily share your website’s content with the most popular social media websites. The framework allows your content providers to associate social media accounts with their ACM account and publish to those accounts with the helpful “Share” button located on the Admin Toolbar. As search engines start to give more weight to the Social Media sites, this functionality provides a means of improving your Search Engine Optimization as well as providing a means of creating a social media following.
Syndicated Article Enhancement
The Article Index pagetype (the container for the syndicated article page) has been enhanced to allow users with the appropriate permissions to add a new article without needing to navigate to the Syndication Manager. Additionally, articles created from the container page will automatically inherit the categories from the container page.
You can now pull and display tweets from your favourite Tweeters on your website in the form of a pagetype or a pagelet. You can follow any number of people and configure the page to show the last X tweets from the people you are following. If you are using twitter to communicate with your clients, constituents or community, this offers a great means of incorporating those communications into your website.
Twitter publication is the first social media option offered with the Social Media Framework. After configuring their own twitter account, or an account associated with your organization, your content publishers can post to Twitter, the URL of new (or old) content along with a custom message up to 140 characters. The URL passed is that of the page the user is currently on when they choose to share the content.